opium43

Dormer loft extension - External finishing help please

Anthony George
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Good evening

We are currently extending our 2 bed 1902-built semi to add 2 further bedrooms plus a shower room in a side dormer loft extension due to an impending expanding family but we are struggling to make a decision on the external finish so any advice would be much appreciated.

Our next door neighbours also have a dormer (the photo is an old one so not shown) which is finished in black/brown tile which, personally, I'm not a fan of. Plus our house is on a bend in the road so a more prominent position. On the photo our house is the left side of the pitched roof.

Should we fit a grey weatherboard and update the existing roof tiles for a cleaner finish? Or render the dormer to match the house and add a new red(der) tile? Or just go with black/brown tile as it's not our 'forever' home and save money? Obviously having a shared roof and front tiled facade isn't ideal and I would like to change the front tiles if I can get agreement from my neighbour to do the same.

Thanks in advance for anyone's advice.

Anthony

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.