lisa77226

Log burner install advice (England)

lisa77226
6 years ago
Hello,

Looking for a steer from fireplace/stove professionals.

I want to install a log burner in my living room. The house is BRAND NEW standard construction (completed 5 weeks ago) so I've got many layers of insulation making the house pretty darn air tight. I also do not have any sort of chimney. I know this poses an issue for ventilation when installing a new fire, but I've had conflicting messages when seeking out advice from professional installers about regulation.

What I want is a traditional look consisting of a simple stove (I don't care about heat output but I want a large window to see the flames) set into a fake chimney constructed inside the lounge. The finished look should look like it's always been here. This will be set on an outside wall where the pipe can come out and go up to beyond the height of the roof.

Can anyone help me clarify where I will also need an air vent as well that will need to be open 100% of the year? If so, what size am I looking at and can I hide it inside the fake chimney?

Happy to attach photos to help illustrate the space and devised finished look.

PS, I am also unsure whether I need planning consent but am waiting for the very slow council to reply to me. I want to comply with every single regulation but am struggling to understand what is even possible!

Thanks xx

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.