resh_likes_renovating_stuff

Stripped wood floor in kitchen?

Resh
6 years ago
Having just finished a renovation, our dream house came up for sale in our street. Having unbelievably found a chain free buyer for ours, we are moving fast and with luck, will exchange in a beautiful, late Victorian detached house soon. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, it has the original floors and they are in great condition - sanded and oiled they will look amazing. Most people go for something tough in the kitchen, but I would like to keep them. I don't mind a few dings and dents, as they add to the charm. I was planning on Osmo PolyX oil as whilst it requires a bit of maintenance, it looks amazing and doesn't chip like varnish.

We can't do wet underfloor heating as it is just too expensive to install, and electric is stupidly expensive to run. We are going to try to insulate under the floor if we can.

Here's a pic of what will be the kitchen - big space at 9m x 5m, so saving the wood floor will both look lovely and save a lot of money compared to tiling etc...thoughts, Houzzers?

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.