mykindofhome

Advice please curtains and blinds

Diana Wright
6 years ago
I plan to replace the living room curtains (see pictures) that were custom made 21 years ago. I love them but my girls think it's time to update. So here is my plan: replace the curtains of the small windows next to the fire place with Roman blinds. Replace the large curtain behind the French door with a wave heading curtain on metropole.

My questions are:

1. Do the Roman blinds need to be in recess or outside the window? Which would look better as I never draw the curtains on those window. If in recess would it cut too much light?

2. Do I need to dress the bay windows or French doors? As we are not over looked and never draw the curtains, and love the garden view unobstructed.

3. Should the height of the new wave curtain be increased right up to the ceiling ?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.