h1b23

Bungalow layout ideas please

H B
6 years ago

Hello

Have recently moved to a '50s detached bungalow and struggling to work out if we should change rooms/layout, help and advice appreciated. Budget is up to 50k for changes to include new kitchen, bathroom, decoration (all a bit old and rundown). The original bungalow had an extension on the back adding the current dining room & sitting room/bedroom 3.

Just my husband and I, we both work from home. Bedroom 2 is my office, he has office in garden. We would like a spare room, possibly additional toilet/bathroom. We have minimal storage and could really do with some. Back is south facing with decent size garden. Have recently bought land alongside house where bedroom2/bathroom/kitchen is, hoping to turn it into large veg patch. All drains and utilities run along this side so would be major work (at least I think so) to extend out that way anyway. Quite keen to keep footprint but change layout or go into loft (only about 8ft head space) plus has cold water tank up there at the mo.

Current ideas are doing something to back of house to join dining room and sitting room/bedroom 3 and vaulting roof and making this kitchen/diner with sofa and wood burning stove with big sliding doors on back.

Also wondering about putting a porch on the front and making a corridor straight through to the back of house and turning current kitchen into utility room with door out onto the land at side of house.

We are going round in circles and not getting anywhere so any suggestions appreciated. :)

Thank you!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.