ja3h

Need help with kitchen planning in our Victorian terrace flat

ja3h
6 years ago

Hi!

So - we've just bought a flat and the kitchen is in great need of an overhaul - we've decided to go for an IKEA kitchen because of our budget - the issue is the layout!

So the main caveats are:

• Very low sash window!
  • Chimney breast
  • Boiler to be moved onto adjacent wall (and boxed in)

The problems I'm having:

1. Do I run a worktop across the window but not have anything underneath it - and possibly a shallow worktop 400mm instead of the usual 635mm.
  2. Either side of the chimney breast is very shallow 350mm so a fridge freezer would protrude too much if placed there.

The position of the sink, slimline dishwasher (on the left of the sink) & washing machine are fixed and can't really be moved. The induction hob we plan to get can pretty much go anywhere as well as the fridge etc.

Attached are some pictures in it's current state (that door is a "larder" - most likely leaving that there for storage):

IKEA draft design:

Magnet draft design with an integrated fridge freezer by the door which kind of limits worktop space:

Let me know if you've got any suggestions or comments!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.