katalin_toth1981

Need help with my floorboards please

Kit Kat
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, I have moved to my boyfriend some years ago who is my husband now and I feel I would like to make our home a bit more cosy ,warm looking and cottage like. I ripped up the carpet and it revelead wood planks under it. My husband said they are horrible,he treated them against woodworms before he had the carpet laid. I think after resanding and varnishing they would look better than carpets. Could you help me please what type of wood it is and what kind of varnish goes well with it( not coloured)?

The house is small and dark but it has a pretty feature : my husband decorated it himself with beams which he painted well and made the walls rustic too. This feature makes decorating for me very hard and the place has a cold dark feeling. That is why I am thinking that introducing wooden floor would bring life and warmth into the house. And if you could help me please what kind of stain would go well with the floorboards which suit white walls and black beam on the ceilings and walls throughout the whole house? I attach some pictures.Thank you very much. Kat staircase(the walls are white)

Even the old pine doors which were rustic looking were painted black:( pairing cupboard

Some of the upstairs internal doors:(

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.