leah_rodrigues

Help me find a door that won't break the bank?

Leah Rodrigues
6 years ago
We are having an extension/ sunroom added at the rear of our house (4.5 by 3.5) out from our living room through the existing sliding patio door. We haven't required planning but are having building control and believe we should have a external door here though once signed off can do whatever we want..

The reason we need to replace the door is that it is rosewood and although we thought about painting it are slightly concerned about the finish, small opening and when we come to change it, it will cost more to make the wall good and damage any flooring in place.

So the window fitters are back in 2 weeks to fit the aluminium bifold door and windows and I was going to ask them to fit the door at the same time probably at an extra cost (if we can find a door in time..) before the plasterer /flooring are done.

I would like light to come through as the living room is going to be darker than it already is so don't want a solid door, something with glass , maybe part glazed, maybe wood, probably white and I'm told parliament hinges would allow it to open flush to the walls? Budget is around a 1000. I like the idea of an external door to keep it closed in summer when children are asleep and we can then open up the extension bifolds to enjoy the garden. Any ideas for some nice doors that will look good/open up the space
/insulate but not break the bank???

Many thanks,
Leah

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.