lovetodecorate

I need help deciding on what to do with my ottoman!

lovetodecorate
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I purchased a beautiful leather ottoman from a lady who had it custom made. They didn't install the decorative tack strip correctly and was pretty crooked. She should have not accepted it but she did and it bothered her so she decided to sell it. Everything else about the construction of the ottoman is top notch..I pulled off the rollercoaster tack strip thinking I would just reinstall new tacks. The tacks I removed left impressions from the tack head..little circles. If I were to install new tacks some of the impressions higher up would be noticeable. I'm thinking of leaving it as is. It kind of looks like a design..but I may be kidding myself..I would appreciate your opinions on whether I should leave it as is or install new tacks knowing that some of the impressions will be visible above the new tacks. The first picture is at the owner's home camouflaging the tack job..but if you look closeoh you can see the tacks going up. The second picture is in my living room with the tacks removed. If you blow up the picture you can see the impressions from removing the tacks. Thanks for your opinions..

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.