ben_callis

Kitchen lighting for kitchen without wall cabinets

Ben
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are in the later stages of our kitchen planning and one thing which we have not thought so much about until now is lighting. The plan for the kitchen is oak worktops, grey cabinets, light tiled flooring (perhaps LVT), white metro tiles, light coloured walls.

The kitchen has 3.1m high ceilings and only 3 wall units in a alcove. It currently has 2 ceiling lights with 3 spot lights. Initially we were thinking of getting spotlights in the ceiling but after talking to an electrician he mentioned the ceiling would need to be lowered slightly to have a large enough gap to place spotlights where we want. Sadly this would take us over budget so something else needs to be considered. Under the wall cabinets we will be able to place some lights and perhaps in the wood wall shelves we could integrate a light strip. Above the table we are going to have our original clothes pully so lighting above the table alcove prove difficult.

Any ideas of how to make it bright above the units around the cooker, the sink and the table? Some options we are thinking is a spotlight rail in the centre of the room and/or wall lights.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.