lisafreedman71

What would you do?

lisafreedman71
6 years ago
Hi,

House has fab space and is great as is but has even more potential. Part of a barn conversion, building dates to 1820's and was refurbished 1990. Low ceilings downstairs with full height ceilings and exposed king truss roof timbers in the bedrooms, landing & bathrooms.

We've been living in the house for 2 years to get a feel before starting any works. The layout we feel is good and does work for us. A few niggles but hey you're not going to get everything!
Kitchen small
Bathrooms small - the main & the downstairs close in size
Downstairs bathroom currently houses the gas metre which we'll need to have moved

Considering - knocking utility into kitchen, getting rid of dated, poorly constructed conservatory (added on 10 years after initial refurb), to reclaim outdoor space, shower/wetroom in downstairs bathroom, bath in main upstairs.

Note re drawing - front door not shown (just above wording hall). Also another set of double doors missing from drawing - these lead from the hall into the Lounge. Study shown is actually only a 2nd hall, big enough to have a study area under the stairs but not a separate room.

Are we missing a trick?
What would you do?

Thanks
Lisa

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.