rachel_mcgettigan

curtains..drywall..cottage windows?

what kind of curtains/curtain would use recommend putting up here ? this is only a bedroom, I need all the windows done throughout my cottage. Any ideas would be appreciated. ps, the budget is low for now.. Thanks, Rachel

Comments (6)

• Daisy England
    6 years ago
    Are you keeping the Venetian blinds?
    If the windows are on the small side and you want to light to flood in then I'd hang a curtain rail on the outside of the recess which will offer you chance to pull the curtains right back.
  • Rachel Mc Gettigan
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Yes I am planning on keeping the Venetian blinds to keep the light out in the mornings but want it to be as bright as possible during the day, so do mean the curtain pole across the whole length of the outter window? thank use
  • Daisy England
    6 years ago
    I'd have the curtain pole so that it was outside the recess and went past the window by 6-8" so you could pull them right back out of the way to see the full window thereby letting lots of light in.
  • PRO
    Humber Architecture
    6 years ago

Curtains would help keep the heat in during the colder months and soften the window opening, as its a small window you can buy the curtains off the shelf which would be much more affordable.

• Rachel Mc Gettigan
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thank use very much.. I am going to with long curtains slightly wider than the window frame.. much appreciated
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.