laura_hewitt26

Decorating a dark hallway

laura_hewitt26
6 years ago

We are about to decorate our hall stairs and landing and want to make it bright without being completely white, particularly as we have 3 kids under 6, nothing stays white for long!

The floor is dark wood effect karndean and the stairs will be dark wood treads, newel posts and bannister, with white risers and all other woodwork. We have a dado rail and a picture rail and quite high ceilings (house is c.1910).

I like the idea of something quite simple, but stripes would prob be a no-go as I don't think we have a straight floor or wall in the house.
I like natural colours - greys, creams, light blues & greens, but the space is quite dark so I don't want it to be too busy.

Any ideas for a busy family home that needs brightening up would be appreciated!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.