k_butler2013

Redesign and building regs

KP Anderson
6 years ago

I know that this isn't strictly a design dilemma, but I'm hoping someone has experienced this and can help. We recently bought a flat in a fairly trcently converted Edwardian flat with some lovely features. We would like to do a lot of work to it, but have found out that ther are quite a few things which passed building regs after the conversion which shouldn't have. These are things like internal walls erected between the two flats instead of external walls, no sound proofing, internal bedroom with no exterior wall. Our neighbour's contacted the council which signed off the building regs on the conversion, but they said they won't do anything unless we sue them. We really want to start renovations, but want to see if we can hold anyone accountable before we start. Does anyone know if we can do anything about this?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.