jaywalkwalkjay

Buying large modern Rugs in the UK

jaywalkwalkjay
6 years ago

I've been looking for a Large Area Rug in the UK/Europe for a few years now for my living room and have not been able to find anything to my satisfaction, it seems US manufactured rugs go up to the size I need but European rugs seldom do.

- Needs to be over 300cm wide (300x200 is too small), (so either 350x250, 400x300) or similar. I have a 300cm long sofa and I'd like the sofa to sit on the rug.

- No particular preference on materials but would prefer natural (e.g wool), a thin rug would be my preference (no shag etc).

- Modern Design. I don't want a traditional 'persian' type design. For reference I like http://www.cc-tapis.com/ and have some rugs from Linie Design and &Tradition. Design style of house is Nordic/Scandi with Italian/Luxury.

- I have found that what I'm looking for seems to cost around £10,000, which is way outside my budget. https://shop.mohd.it/en-gb/brands/cc-tapis-11.html These rugs are made in Nepal and fit all the other preferences except price. I would stretch to £4000 for something similar, but would prefer to pay between £1000 and £2500 (but I understand you get what you pay for).

I've had a bad experience buying online before but would consider it as I know what I'm looking for is not available in my local area.

Does anyone know either:

- Any manufacturers I may not have considered?
- Someone who would make custom, but has good links with Tibetan manufacture who could do something similar to what at like at a cheaper price?
- Where I might be able to buy something like this second hand?
- Anywhere I could buy high end rugs new, end of line or ex-display.

Any other ideas :)

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.