jodief83

Brighten up a gloomy north facing dining room?

Jodie Franklin
3 years ago
Hello, we have moved in to our new house 4 months ago and so far have managed to get a coat of white paint on the walls. I have used absolute white by dulux in the light and space range in he hope that it would brighten up a north west facing room with some gloomy corners and generally quite grey tones. It is a lovely colour and bright with the lights on as we have 4 spotlights in the ceiling and a pendant shade in the middle of the ceiling. It is also lovely by candle light. However for most of the day I find it quite depressing and gray.

Any suggestions as to how I can make this room feel a bit more cheery in the day time without putting all of the lights on all day long? The overall look is like is comfy and somewhere you want to linger and chat and relax after eating dinner as it will be a dining and play room.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.