holly8434

Bifold or Sliding doors dilemma?

Holly Prewett
6 years ago
Hi. I would live you opinions on the pros and cons for both. We will be making a 3m opening from our kitchen diner out to a seating area and the dilemma is to have bifold or sliding doors. We do not have a view as such out of these doors so the focal point will be a seating area.

bifold - pros
the whole gap opens up and as the gap isn't that large this deffinetlu makes the most of the opening.
When the doors are open the room would seamlessly flow inside and outside.
cons -
You have to allow for an area for the doors to slide back into
You are unable to have the door slightly open unlike a sliding door where you could just crack the door open a little to get some air flow.
We also live near the coast so likelihood of having them open many times throughout the year is probably low.

sliding pros
Prefer the more simple look of sliding doors.
Able to have the door open just a jar - this also helps with the windy factor It will often be to windy to have a passenger door on bifolds open.

cons
IT HAS A FIXED PAIN AND THE GAP ISN'T THAT LARGE. This is my biggest bug bear with these. We can not have pocket doors.
We would probably go for a 3 Paine slider so we could have the best part of it open. but still you still have that fixed panel.

HELP

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.