emmelinewe

We’re excited to reveal the winner of the 2017 #SketchChallenge!

Emmeline Westin
6 years ago

To celebrate this year's London Design Festival and our partnership with Decorex we ran an exciting design challenge for our pro community. We asked Houzz pros to solve one homeowner, Frida’s design conundrum, and we were overwhelmed with the response! We had a high volume of entries from our talented pros, each with their own unique take on how Frida should tackle her living room project.

A Houzz and Decorex panel then whittled the entries down to 4 finalists and their designs were displayed at the Houzz stand at this year’s Decorex where a live vote took place.

In order of popularity, check out the finalists’ designs below:

Studio TO - 249 votes

Paul Langston Interiors - 206 votes

Flair Design Studio - 85 votes

Archidesigner - 35 votes

Studio TO has won some amazing prizes worth over £3,000 including a 2 night stay at the iconic Radisson Blu Royal Copenhagen Hotel and a stylish Bang & Olufsen speaker.

The Houzz team wish STUDIO TO the best time in Copenhagen!

Here’s what Frida thought of the process:

“The competition has been a fantastic experience. It was very exciting having lots of creative minds thinking about our space and coming up with great solutions. I was pleasantly surprised by the large number of entries and how much effort and time many had clearly put into it.

In terms of layout, I feel like having one wall the TV area and the wall behind the play and study area very convincing, and it’s actually what we are planning to do ourselves. In general, I think they have cleverly arranged things to maximise the space.

The decor items suggested feel very current and on trend and I am happy to see that incorporating plants has been mentioned, as I have a big collection of orchids and plants! A grey sofa is definitely something we will be buying and the colour palette is very actually similar to what we are going for, although replacing the mustard yellow with a dusky pink. I very much like the suggested items for the baby, they are so cute and very much nature inspired which I love.

Overall it’s a very beautifully put together design!”

Studio TO have kindly offered Frida a free design consultation to help kick start the project.

Thanks to all who took part in the competition and we look forward to seeing how Frida transforms her space!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.