richard1731

Help in Brighton! totally fed up trying to design our kitchen

richard1731
28 September, 2017

(excuse the crappy photos and the mess in the kitchen!)

Last year we opened up our dining room and breakfast room into one large space that links to the kitchen. We now have enough money to sort out a new kitchen.
The kitchen is a big space, approx 6.3m long x 3m wide. I've tried every which way to get a layout that works for our busy family but there is always some kind of compromise that doesn't work for us. I must have drawn 30-40 options.
We've had kitchen designers come over, an interior designer and an architect and non of them seem to be able to come up with a layout that functions how we want it to.
I've piles of kitchen brochures lying around, I've read endless articles on how to design a kitchen, but I still can't get the layout sorted.

Do I keep searching out local designers and keep paying their fee's? Do I continue inviting kitchen companies round to try and sell me cabinets?

What I really need is a bright young designer with creative solutions and an eye for detail - is that too much to ask?

We have what I consider to be a healthy budget - £20k all in (£5k cabinets, £5k work top, £5k appliances and £5k for extras such as splash back, lighting etc).

Are there any exciting kitchen experts based near to Brighton that might be up for a challenge?
I'd be grateful for any leads.

Thanks in advance