james_smith9413

Dropping window cill level

James Smith
6 years ago

We have recently bought a house with some nice views to the rear and have had an architect draw up some plans for a single story, flat roof extension. However I would also like to make the most of the views upstairs and one idea I have is to maintain the width of the bedroom window as it is now but drop the cill to either floor level, or to say a foot off the floor like a dwarf wall to really open up that view. Clearly we would need to reposition the radiator but aside from that I am not sure what else would be involved, and whether it's worth including this in to the proposed rear elevation drawings now before we go for PP on that, given that we might not necessarily do them both at the same time. Has anyone done something similar and was it worth it?

Pic

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.