sparklybloom

What kind of flooring should I have in my kitchen?

Jade Byng
6 years ago

I am about to have my kitchen redone. I want a classic but contemporary look. Budget is fairly small. I am going to have painted wood shaker doors, possibly with a grey blue on lower cabinets and off white on upper, which would be the same as the walls. I want a marble look quartz worktop, or something similar. None of the colours will be dark. Handles on lower cabinets will be either be quite minimal pulls, as unobtrusive as possible, or something cool like buster and punch pulls. I am wondering whether it is possible to have handleless push open doors on upper doors, which would be wide horizontal ones rather than vertical. I'll probably have upstands along the worktop and considering zellige tiles as a backsplash. Sorry I can't show a photo of this, none of it is definite and work hasn't yet started, but hopefully that gives an indication of what I'm after.

I am am totally stumped when it comes to flooring. I can't think of what would fit with the look I'm going for. Wood effect tiles are something I have considered, but I will have engineered or laminate flooring in the rest of the downstairs, so not sure whether a different and fake wood tile would clash as the two will meet.

Any ideas? I'm not too keen on the look of stone flooring as it often looks more country style to me and I want something a bit more elegant.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.