grazii

Exterior design on a ex council home

Grazi Baia
6 years ago

Hi all,

I got the house in the picture attached. I'm on the process of changing windows - which will be either grey aluminium on the front or grey upvc. That brought a range or questions that I'm struggling with... truly, it's ugly and it needs work, but I don't know how / what to do?

Ideas would be very welcome... some of my dilemmas are:

- do I keep the original bricks or plaster and paint on top?

- windows will look modern - hence should I take out the original tile spill under the windows or put the new modern one?

- if I keep the original bricks, how can I make them look better?

- The porch is super ugly... ideas on what I can do to transform it or just get rid of it?

The same style house on my street has been re-done and went super modern - painted grey, aluminium windows, bamboo garden, etc... not sure I want to go this far, but got to change something!

The garden will be totally re-done (not sure how yet), so this is more a question about the house exterior.

We also did a lot of work on the interior and back garden already, so it's just this bit that's bothering me now...

Thank you for your clever ideas! :-)

Comments (36)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.