malleymorton

Help to change the front of my ugly 80's (infill) house?

malleymorton
6 years ago

I have recently bought an ugly 80's 'infill' (surrounded by Edwardian semis in leafy suburb of Cheltenham).
It was a rental for 10yrs and is definitely unloved, but has 4 large bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a decent living space - also requiring remodelling. The only architect I have asked to look at it said - standard render, powder coated alu frames, change roof tiles, flat roof extension (there is a pitched single storey with 2 big velux). I wasn't impressed by his response, as every next 60s and 70s house here has that take on remodelling and they are not necessarily great next to the redbrick Edwardian houses. Any help please? I was thinking of a long front porch and bringing out a bay, plus garage conversion is defo option.

C

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.