the_cheshire_garden

Which Style of Garden Would YOU Choose?

At The Cheshire Garden we are super interested in how gardens differ culturally from country to country.

Dutch inspired garden design for instance is a prime example!

On one side of the spectrum, dutch garden design can be thought of as ordered, modern motifs - contemporary rectangular pools, with contemporary lighting and planting, bringing the outdoor in.

The garden designer Martin Veltkamp's work is a prime example of this:

On the other side of the scale, designers such as Piet Oudolf, focus on prairie style planting, using a more wild and rustic approach with curved planting and free flowing style:

We absolutely love them both! We'd love to know your ideas and preferences.. What do you think to each style? Which would work best for you?

Number One?
Number Two?
Other?