denildn

How to create open plan kitchen/diner

Denisa Cardoso
6 years ago

Hi

We are buying a house, hopefully completing this month which is in a dire need of refurbishment. This is exciting in itself, however, will no doubt be challenging and stressful at times as we will be living in the property. We've decided to tackle it in stages and see how we go.

It's a 30's terraced 3 bed.

First thing we would like to do is to create 'the heart of the house', by knocking the family room and the kitchen together.

I want to get rid off the kitchen door leading into the garden and create a window there with a lovely sink underneath. It has always been my dream to have this, looking out to the garden while washing up, potted herbs on the windowsill...

I would like a small breakfast bar dividing the kitchen and diner with maybe 2 stools with a washing machine and a slimline integrated dishwasher underneath.

On the opposite wall I'd like a 5 burner range cooker.

I would imagine some doors might have to be blocked and some created perhaps...

We would also love to create a loo under the stairs.

I am attaching the floor plan and would be immensely grateful for any tips what's the easiest way to achieve all of the above.

Denisa

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.