sonal_tripathi88

Matching the wooden flooring and doors with new furniture

Sonal Tripathi
6 years ago

Dear all,

Having just bought a house and in the process of sourcing furniture pieces, I am trying to sort out how to plan with what is there...in the living space (open plan, kitchen, diner and family area) on two different levels, the flooring is hardwood (pine? I think?).. with a yellowish tinge..

The doors however in the house are more orangey wood, this includes the bannisters.. At the moment I am not going to do much about that (but any advice would be appreciated esp as one door upstairs is painted white for some reason).

I am planning to paint the skirting and door frames all white (both up and downstairs). In the dining area, I will be painting the walls grey. I have found a beautiful couple of dining tables with wooden features (pic attached). however the wood is a walnut tone and again this is different to the floor and the doors..please can you advice whether all this wood tonal mismatch is ok?? If we go with this, anything I can do to make it look ok like rugs etc? Thank you so much!

Sonal

This is one table I was considering

This is the other table

Potential sideboard to go with this..

This is the open plan where the dining area will be

What the flooring looks like...

This pic just shows the doors best and the difference in wood from the doors to the floor...

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.