navin_mahindroo100

bunglaow desgin layout advice

Ush
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

we have seen a 2 bed bungalow which requires complete rennovation.

this has 0.2 acre garden please could you help in layout desgin for the bungalow and cost involved in rear extension and 2 bedrooms in loft.

• Highly sought after location
  • Detached bungalow
  • Two bedrooms
  • Two reception rooms
  • 0.2 Acre (stls)
  • 111' Rear garden
  • Detached garage
  • Potential subject to planning permission for extension
  • One mile to station and Shenfield Broadway
  • No onward chain

Full description

Tenure: Freehold

Situated in this highly sought after location, this two bedroom detached bungalow offers tremendous scope for extension and improvement and benefits from a 0.2 acre plot (STLS) with a 111' rear garden that enjoys a westerly aspect. The accommodation currently provides two reception rooms with a loggia behind the dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom and separate W.C. Shenfield Broadway and station are within one mile as well as local shopping and public transport facilities being even closer to hand. EPC awaited.

Entrance Hall
Spacious reception hall with built in airing cupboard and doors to;

Lounge 15' 8'' into bay window x 11' 3'' (4.77m x 3.43m)
Leaded light style bay window to front aspect, two attractive stained glass windows to side, original tiled fire surround and glazed double doors to;

Dining Room 13' 3'' x 10' 7'' (4.04m x 3.22m)
Door from reception hall, French doors to garden and two stained glass windows to side aspect.

Kitchen 10' 0'' x 8' 0'' (3.05m x 2.44m)
Corner window overlooking the rear garden. Fitted base and wall cupboards. Space for cooker, washing machine and refrigerator. Door to garden.

Bedroom 1 12' 0'' x 11' 3'' (3.65m x 3.43m) to rear of wardrobes.
Fitted wardrobes, leaded light style window to front aspect and
two further windows to side.

Bedroom 2 13' 8'' into bay x 9' 0'' to rear of wardrobe. (4.16m x 2.74m).
Attractive bay window to rear aspect. Fitted wardrobe.

Bathroom
Panel enclosed bath with shower over and wash hand basin. Part tiled walls and window to side aspect.

Separate WC
W.C. and window to side aspect.

Externally
To the front of the property the garden is attractively landscaped with lawn and a pathway leading to the entrance with adjacent flower and shrub border. Adjacent to the garden is an independent driveway leading to the garage with side gate to the rear garden. The rear garden enjoys a westerly aspect and measures 111' x 67' narrowing to 48' (STLS). The garden commences with a patio area that leads to a two-tier lawn bordered by mature trees and shrubs that provide seclusion.

Garage
Part glazed double opening doors.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    FPA architects
    6 years ago
    Hi Navin

It appears you are looking for a new house that is also a project (I note this is the 5th property you have posted which you are considering for purchase).

The best advice I can offer is find a local architect to go on this journey with you. It is apparent from your posts that you have a budget in mind and a set of requirements to be met - it is worth working closely with a consultant who fully understands your wish list

A local architect will have knowledge of the planning constraints in the area. With a full understanding of your budget they should be able to advise you on whether certain properties can be altered to meet your requirements - e.g. It might or might not be possible to add another floor to a bungalow because of planning, but if it was possible it might be too expensive (or it might be simpler to demolish the existing property and build a new house - but will this work with the budget)

Try looking in the 'find a pro' section of Houzz for an architect in the area you are looking for a house. If there are any that you like the work of send them a message, explain your project and ask if they would be interested in working with you.

Good luck with your house search and future project
  • PRO
    Andreea De Mirabela Design
    6 years ago

Hello there!

This house is also an extension and we can't wait to see it finished and call it a HOME.

Please give us a bell if you require help with the design and sourcing of materials, we would be delighted to help.

Much love from Andreea De Mirabela Design

Tel 07814 100108

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.