tora100

Are Renewable technologies worth it in a new build?

Harri
6 years ago
Does anybody install renewable technologies in their new build due to financial reasons these days? Due to the cost of these technologies, I cannot see how financially it would benefit a new build which is disheartening considering I was investigating installing solar, rain water harvesting, Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR) and UFH.

In my current bungalow, we have black mouldy in the top corners of each room. After drilling holes and sending cameras into our walls, the report stated we don't open windows enough and we had over insulted our attic. Can't win. I was looking into a MVHR system to avoid this happening in the new build bungalow we are designing but the eco subject is a mine field which is spinning my head right now. Also, living in Wales, rain is something we have plenty of but I don't know anymore.

Any advice out there?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.