ben_callis

Kitchen wall colours. Add a splash of colour?

Ben
6 years ago

The end is in sight for our kitchen and we are hoping to have it painted next week.

The kitchen is north facing with cashmere units (almost exact match to F&B elephants breath), oak worktops and white metro tiles. To keep the room bright we are planning to use F&B Wimborn White as the main wall colour and probably F&B All White for the ceiling, skirting and doors.

This will result in a very natural colour scheme for the whole room and we have discussed adding colour via a feature wall, different colour skirting (and doors) or prehaps even a feature wallpaper. We like bold green (such as F&B Calke Green or Card Room Green) but as the room in north facing don't really fell it would be a good idea using one of these for a feature wall. So perhaps another warmer brighter colour could work on one of the walls?

Alternatively we could just add colour through large art work on the large empty wall with the radiator (a dining table will also be placed near this wall) or perhaps a feature wallpaper on this wall?

Note: The door you enter into the kitchen faces the wall with the extractor fan and cooker (the door next to the radiator). The other door is to a small pantry.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.