keswing

Downstairs Side and Rear Extension - Looking for some advice please

keswing
6 years ago

Following lots of really helpful advice from this site we now have plans for our downstairs extension. Although, I’m pretty happy that the layout provides the space we need, I’m seeking a bit more advice before we hand over our plans and specs to the builders for their quotes.

My concern is with the size of the boot room which I would like to have incorporate a dog shower (similar to the picture below) large enough to accommodate one medium sized labradoodle. I'd also like some coat hanging/shoe space (enough for 3 people). Having messed around with some software I don’t think that the current size is sufficient (1830mm x 1900) – should I take the extra space from the study (2400mm) or utility (2500mm)?

I've included our plans (current and proposed) along with a mock-up of how I envisage using the space, the kitchen & utility still need to be designed professionally. I’m nervous that once we get the builders involved we’re committed to room sizes, so any comments, issues, improvements you have with this design would be happily received!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.