fullrenov

Cow boy builders - disaster

fullrenov
6 years ago

hinall,

I am am hoping for some wise advice from all you nice people so I thought I would share my disaster story.

I can’t divulge too much into his due to much due to legal reasons but my house renovation has been an absolute distaster. Number 1 we had cow boy builders in who absolutely destroyed our property.. We have lived in a building site for a year with no kitchen and 3 children. We havent been allowed to start any of the remedial work due to legal reasons but it basically consists of ripping down half the house. We have lived in a building site for a year - it’s been tough !! The remedial work will have a major impact on the rest of the room of the house which have just been renovated. Which will be financially heartbreaking.

To top it off we paid for a high end wet room this was the only room we could renovate without being impacted by the remedial work. It was lovely at first but cracks soon started to show. The grout they used was faulty, the walls were not tanked and water leaked under the floor. My marble stone floor is horrific and I can’t face to even look at it. The company we used are refusing re do the room they tried to rectify it and made an even worse job. So it’s another battle I’m faced with.

I’m fed up at all these disasters - a project that should of been an exciting and enjoyable part of my life has turned into a living nightmare - I hadn’t prepared myself for how much could go wrong. I have read about horror stories but I never thought I would be in this situation myself. Never !!

Can anyone else share their experiences if they have been through anything similar...

thanks

lisa x

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.