123_sam

Light switches and sockets, white or metal finish?

Sam N
6 years ago

Our electricians are almost ready for final fix, so I need to let them know what finish we want to go with for our light switches and sockets. In my last home I had polished chrome, and as much as I loved them, I was constantly polishing light switches with my sleeve as I walked past them! :-) If we did go for a metal finish it would probably be brushed to avoid finger marks as much as possible.... but should it be brushed chrome, nickel or maybe even a dark pewter? Our electricians said most of their clients are turning back to classic white switches, which is also an option (the nicely shaped ones rather than the older style square boxy ones). Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome, including any pictures of your own choices if possible. I always struggle with the smaller finishing decisions, but they are so important to the overall look and feel at the end of the project. Thanks in advance for any help. :-)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.