fch42

cloakroom size - how big/small does it need to be?

Frank
6 years ago
Hi,

We are looking to extend the house; as part of this work, the kitchen and dining room are going to be combined and space added via a rear extension.

So far so simple - but we also want to eek out the missing ground floor cloakroom/utility room. Fortunately the current kitchen has a little window by the inside door, and that’s also where the main drainpipe comes down. Floorplan currently looks like attached.

The leg of wall towards the door is 45cm to where the architrave starts and about 50cm to the door opening, that’s why the worktop is chamfered back there; a washing machine hence wouldn’t fit right into the corner.

How would you lay it out? We‘re thinking of putting the toilet by the window and making the room about 120cm wide - washing machine and shelving by the left side. Is that wide enough?

Anyone managed to fit (maybe) shower, toilet/basin and washing machine into a 2.20 m x 1.x m space, how did you do it?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.