cac546

Losing my mind over white paint

cac546
6 years ago
Please help! Currently building a new home and am going a bit crazy trying to pick a white paint color for the kitchen cabinets, which will also be the color for the trim and ceilings throughout the house. Furthermore, it's possible we'll have some white walls in the house (hallways, kids bathrooms, playroom, etc) at which point I would want to use the same white paint. Some other walls in our house will likely be something similar to edgecomb gray, so a light/warmer griege.

Our style is fairly modern (but not mcm)/minimalist. Our floors will be 5" white oak stained with a bit of white stain to maintain the light/natural look of the white oak. The kitchen is large and will have white shaker cabinets and white quartz countertops with gold hardware.

I'm looking for a crisp white that won't, under any circumstances, read creamy. I had a cabinet sample done in BM decorator's white and while it feels like the right amount of whiteness/brightness, I'm worried there's just a bit too much blue in there and it'll read too cool, especially if we use it for an entire room or with the edgecomb gray. It's also possible it'll be fine and at this point I'm overthinking things but I'm really sensitive to colors so I'm trying my best to make the best decision possible.

We have BM White Dove in our current kitchen and during the day it definitely reads yellow so that's not an option.

I'm now thinking about BM Super White (too white?), BM white, or Sherwin Williams pure white. Will one of these tend to read similar in crisp/brightness as Decorator's White with a little less blue/green? Does anyone have decorator's white cabinets/walls and have an opinion on the coolness?

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.