grant_wesgate

Planning for a home redesign, where to begin!?

Grant Wesgate
6 years ago
In 2004 I bought my first house, nothing flash just an end of terrace ex council house in South Wales, I was 24 and happy to get a mortgage and get on the ladder. Thirteen years later I’m still here only now I have a family and the house is in dire need of some redesign, decorating, reconfiguring etc.

Now I’ve had a million different ideas and have attempted to start half of them but I have never finished any of them! It’s getting to the point I could start my own series of unfinished home from hell!

The only way out for me is to come up with a plan! Now I don’t have a budget because I don’t know what can be achieved yet, I have big ideas for our little home but can’t put them into a plan or design let alone a reality.

Can anyone out there help? I suppose what I am looking for is an architect to work with me to get the design and layout down and even advise me if all this work is a good idea on a home like this!?

When we have a solid plan in place I can then get it costed and start organising a budget and get things underway. The “unfinished” nature of our home really does depress me, we never have people round, I don’t let the children have they’re friends stay. For 2018 I just want our little house to finally become a home we all love.

If there is anyone out there that thinks they can help, then please get in touch!

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.