nc7613

Urgent colour advice: open plan living room-kitchen required, please!

nc7613
6 years ago

Hi,

We had shortlisted colours for our open plan kitchen -living room and then came across wallpaper that we liked so now have to change the colour scheme and the decorators will be here in 4 days!! If I'm honest I can't detect the nuances in colours - grey tints in taupe or the brown hints in grey are lost on me but I know make a big difference so was hoping for professional advice!

Background:

We are doing an open plan living dining in neutral colours (dining table, bookcase, display cabinet etc all mahogany)...photos attached

-Floor throughout is beige marble effect tile

-Kitchen is U shaped with a breakfast bar - all in lamproom grey (windows on either side of the chimney breast)

-Feature wall is Harlequin Oralia graphite with an inset TV and inset Evonic 1030gf fireplace

- Back 'wall' is entirely glass i.e. 3 panels (6m) glass sliding doors with a garden view

- Question 1: What Dulux colour should the walls adjacent to the feature wall be?

- Question 2: What Dulux colour should the kitchen walls be?

- Question 3: What Dulux shade should the rest of the walls be?

- Question 4: Glass splashback or tile the chimney breast - if so, what shade?

(Dulux paint shade (our decorator wont work with F&B or Greene!)

I thought the 'Dusted Moss 2/3 or Gooseberry Fool 4/5 would work well but was hoping for some professional advice.

Photos attached. Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.