kellychoi

underfloor heating advice please - lay an insulation board?

kellychoi
Hi
I have recently extended my kitchen and have put water underfloor heating on the extension area and screed on top and whole floor is levelled with existing concrete floor, and I am going to put electric underfloor heating mat on the existing floor and then tiling in whole area.

What my question is should I lay 6mm insulation board on the existing floor? My builder and tiler said it’s best to put just mat on the concrete floor directly otherwise the extension floor won’t get warm enough due to the thickness of the ardit if I lay an insulation in the existing area and level the whole floor.