discountflooringdepot

When to use engineered wood flooring in your home

Discount Flooring Depot
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Engineered wood flooring is a modern style of flooring many of our customers have expressed an interest in – and for good reason. It has the look and feel of a solid wood floor thanks to the top layer veneer which is glued to a plywood core, it and the added benefits of being more robust and more resistant to moisture and heat. It’s also a more economical solution to solid wood flooring if your budget just won’t stretch. These features make it a very popular choice, so if you’re thinking of updating your flooring soon, why not use engineered wood flooring in your home? Here are some great examples of when it’s the ideal flooring choice.

Bigger floor space

If you have a large room or you want to have consistent flooring throughout the entire ground floor of your home, it can be costly. You still want it to look incredible however, so an engineered floor is a smart alternative to solid wood which lets you achieve the look you want, without the hefty price tag. The wood looks and feels truly authentic which adds a lot of elegance and sophistication to your living space, and the longer you have it installed, the more the wood will take on a naturally aged look. Many engineered floors are also an easy click installation system, making them simple to install and cutting down on the amount of time and labour required – meaning more savings for you.

High traffic areas

Engineered wood is available in different thicknesses up to 20mm, and this means that over your floor’s lifetime it can be sanded down and refinished up to three times – making it an ideal long-term investment in your home in high traffic areas like your hallway or kitchen. Over time as your floor starts to look scuffed or acquires deep scratches, you can refinish it to have it look like new, without having to completely replace it.

Underfloor heating

Many modern homes now benefit from underfloor heating, but not all wooden flooring is compatible with this. Solid wood for example isn’t ideal, due to the natural expansion and contraction of the wood, but engineered flooring has greater stability to moisture and heat, so it’s perfect for this. Before you buy a new floor to be used with underfloor heating, always check the product specification or check with your installer, otherwise you could end up with flooring which is warped, bowed or cracked as a result of the heat.

So, now you know when to use engineered flooring in your home it’s time to appreciate the additional benefits of it – the range of colours and styles, the variety of board lengths and thicknesses, the finishes ranging from brushed, oiled or hand scraped, and of course the great offers available, making it a very affordable option for your home.

Think engineered flooring might be the right choice for you? Why not request your free samples of flooring and see for yourself just how much it can add to your home in terms of style, design and durability?

When To Use Engineered Flooring In The Home

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.