kellychoi

necessary to put thermal board under heating mat?

kellychoi
6 years ago
Hi all
I am going to put electric underfloor heating mat in existing kitchen area. There is water underfloor heating in kitchen extension area with screed on top connected to main boiler, and it’s levelled with existing concrete floor. All area will be tiled.

I wonder will I be ok not to put thermal board under heating mat in the existing area? If I put the thermal board down, I will need to raise the screed floor about 12-15mm(extension area) to level the floor before tiling. I really want to put the thermal board but my builder said I cannot raise the floor on the screed floor and then tile because I will lose the heating benefit due to the thickness of the screed in extension area. Then I will lose so much heat down to the concrete floor otherwise.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.