jonny_noble

living room layout and design conundrum

Jonny N
6 years ago

Hello, I am new to Houzz and finding helpful ideas as I have just moved into a 2 bed flat that needs a bit of work. However the living room is a real conundrum due to its odd layout and slightly strange shape. I like having a fire place, either a non functioning one in the wall or an electric fake fireplace.

I have attached a copy of the plan. Where do I put the sofa and TV? The sofa fits well in terms of length between the end of the chimney breast and the end wall, although has a radiator behind. This is where I have had it, with the TV opposite on the outside wall. However, sitting here you can see out of the window but you cannot see the from the chimney breast where ideally I would like to fit a fire place. Any ideas on how I can make this work?

The only idea I have had would be to buy an electric fire suite that includes the fire surrounds and place it on the end wall on the right but worried that would look odd considering there is a chimney in the room. Any suggestions would be great! Hopefully I will have a few good ideas for you one day :)

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.