catherine_beszant

Poor installation of white hex tiles in bathroom

Catherine
6 years ago
We have recently had our small guest bathroom retiled. The tiler did a great job on the walls but I am not at all happy with the hex mosaic on the floor. The spacing between the tiles is really uneven (highlighted by the too dark grout, which was a rushed decision by us). I really notice where the different sheets of tile join up in some sections (pics attached).
Am I being too picky or is this unacceptable? I know mosaic is tricky compared to larger tiles.
The tiler is coming back to remove the worst sections and replace more evenly, although I am not too convinced this will help that much. What would you do? 1) Just live with it for awhile as I probably won't notice as much over time, 2) try paint the grout a different colour to minimise the contrast, or 3) get it ripped up and start again (although I would not use the same tiler for this so would cost money).

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.