toria_jamieson

Protecting a light-coloured fabric sofa - any ideas please?

Toria J
6 years ago

This is my sofa.

Please excuse the mess (moving-in boxes and furniture I've inherited) but you can see my two main problems/little darlings.

The sofa looks really nice uncovered -it's a off-white with blue/grey flowers - but trying to keep dirty little paws off it is proving impossible.

I've tried using a couple of throws but they don't stay in place. Neither do the cushions - they keep sliding out of position. There are antimacassars on the arms, the same pattern/fabric as the sofa, but they don't stay in place either. Ineffectual, and looks dreadfully messy too.

The pink chair could benefit from something also as...pink. And discoloured.

The only thing I've thought of so far is buying a longer throw/length of fabric, e.g. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/fabrics/lenda-fabric-blue-art-40351294/ and somehow pinning it in place.

Anyone found a solution which works? I will need to reupholster in the future (the chair certainly!) but not yet.

Thanks.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.