maria_drummond56

How would you design my garden?

Maria Drummond
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello all!

Ok, so I've been stuck for a really long time now on how to design my garden. It's my fist ever garden so I'm very open to all ideas - I don't even know where to start! I would rather spend time thinking about how best to design it rather than rush in and do it wrong only to do it again in a couple of years time...

Here it is currently:

The simple option would be to just add a big border all the way around a lawn, but I think I've got the space for something a little different. The only problem is I have no ideas on how to achieve this.

One thing I know I would like is a smallish patio area at the top left corner (it gets the sun in the evening) and currently, I have chickens in the top right-hand corner - but they can be moved. The garden is surrounded by a stone wall (about 1m in height).

I'm a keen gardener so not afraid of garden maintenance.

Here's an outline of the garden if that helps (ignore the 5.5m rectangle in the bottom left - it's gone now).

It's a south-facing garden and I would love to encourage some wildlife so open to water features etc. The soil quality is good but I don't know the pH. Oh and if anyone could suggest a good way to provide some privacy screening between myself and my neighbour at the end of the garden, it would be much appreciated!

Here's more of an aerial shot from our upstairs bedroom:

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.