newton81

Advice re 4th bedroom extension and side return? But garage in the way

newton81
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi

Our house comes with planning permission to extend to the side (see picture). As you can see from the pictures we have a beautiful and light extension on the back already. The previous owners didn't extend the whole width of the house as the detached garage slightly overlaps. They also have planning permission to change the garage into a habitable room. Ideally I would love to create a massive kitchen diner on the back by knocking through the middle room and kitchen, extending to the side. However as you can see perhaps from plan and pictures there is a little toilet (very handy with little people!). We are also considering a 4th bedroom! I could really do with some advice on:

1) how do I achieve the open kitchen diner/playroom with the current limitations of the garage?

2) how would I stop it getting gloomy if we made a 4th bedroom on top of the existing extension or the side extension? The dorma windows are vital for some light.

3) what do we do with the garage? Incorporate it into the extension somehow??

Help!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.