aliceampersand

Give us your best layout + design ideas (& budget estimates!)

aliceampersand
6 years ago

Hi everyone

I'm hoping somebody within this wonderful Houzz community (pros and DIYer's alike!) can provide some inspiration for us.

Below is a floorplan of a flat in dire need of modernisation. We are looking to do a complete refurb and layout change if budget permits. So far our only lightbulb moment has been to switch the bedroom on the bedroom and kitchen on the first floor and knock through the wall to create a open plan kitchen dining. That would mean though, that the third bedroom leads into the (small) garden (ideally you would have the kitchen / dining leading to the outside).

Other than that, is there anything else that you think we could do to improve the layout?

And also, any ideas of how much this could cost. It would be great if I could get a range - eg, if we were to hire a building company that would project manage the entire thing to DIY'ing (easy) bits and managing individual contractors ourselves.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.