webuser_71660

how to create an Industrial themed kitchen

Tani H-S
6 years ago
I really need some help creating a more interesting room for an extension we want building. Not done the plans as yet but i really don't want a big white box and prefer something with more character. I know that's hard to achieve from a new extension without an endless budget though.

The room I think will be a flat or slight sloping tiled roof with roof lights (or possible lanterns if it's flat?) we have fairly high ceilings as a 30's bungalow.

Kitchen one end, dining the other and a lounge on the L shape in an original room.

- Started another thread about critall style windows (can't afford the real thing!!) as I think that might help rather than having bifold or sliding doors but the cost will be the deciding factor.

- Also researching the brick slips to have on the one kitchen wall as I want to avoid the wall cabinets if I can and just have some shelving.

- Anything else we can do with the ceiling/structure to make it a bit less bland and add character??

Photos ive attached are examples of what I like but we don't have the hight to do these

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.