how to create an Industrial themed kitchen

Tani H-S
I really need some help creating a more interesting room for an extension we want building. Not done the plans as yet but i really don't want a big white box and prefer something with more character. I know that's hard to achieve from a new extension without an endless budget though.

The room I think will be a flat or slight sloping tiled roof with roof lights (or possible lanterns if it's flat?) we have fairly high ceilings as a 30's bungalow.

Kitchen one end, dining the other and a lounge on the L shape in an original room.

- Started another thread about critall style windows (can't afford the real thing!!) as I think that might help rather than having bifold or sliding doors but the cost will be the deciding factor.

- Also researching the brick slips to have on the one kitchen wall as I want to avoid the wall cabinets if I can and just have some shelving.

- Anything else we can do with the ceiling/structure to make it a bit less bland and add character??

Photos ive attached are examples of what I like but we don't have the hight to do these