rachel_pinker

Outside 1920’s less ugly ideas needed

Rachel Pinker
6 years ago
Hi I’m really keen to make our house look less ugly from the outside but not sure what I should be aiming for: main problems include,
- the horrible pebbledash render - it needs painting I know but reluctant to do this if we should get a new type of render instead? It’s such a large surface area not sure on what the best thing to do is.
- windows, hate the plastic, I know I want wooden ones but what else can I do to make them look better eg the one above the front door, the surrounds are so flat, can I add framing/sills around it to bring it out more?
Also the top bay, I hate that it has no ‘hat’ what I can add on top of it?
- hate the plastic porch and front door but it is SO useful, is there a wooden enclosed porch that could look good? Or should I give up and just have a storage box in the front garden for parcels etc.
- I think sprucing up the garage and front wall and front garden are more straightforward

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.