webuser_71660

Can't decide between 2 floor plans...

Tani H-S
6 years ago

Hi all,

we decided to shrink back some of our plans due to costs and want to get this right before we have plans drawn up.

Upstairs is currently one bedroom. We plan to add a dolls house for a bathroom to create an airy master with dressing room.

Downstairs we are extending out the back (what you see on both pics as the section with the kitchen in ie approx. 25' x 12' extra space.

Our dilemma is, do we lose the current narrow shower room (4'4 wide x 9' long) and make the 3rd small bedroom a larger bathroom (10' x 7'7). Then make the spare living room at the front, the 3rd double (so we would have 2 doubles on the ground floor and a family bathroom) - also giving us a larger living area.

OR

Do we keep the bedroom and narrow bathroom as they (we would put the dining area where the proposed lounge was) so we would in effect have 3 bed plus 2 reception rooms or a 4 bed house?

Is that narrow bathroom (currently has a good sized walk in shower) enough to accommodate 2 (potentially 3) downstairs bedrooms?? We would have a bath upstairs as well in the master room.

Not sure what to do for best

Please vote below and feel free to add comments!

3 bedroom with larger downstairs bathroom.jpg
3-4 bed with small downstairs bathroom.jpg

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.