carol_unsworth

Cashmere shaker units & white mirror chip quartz top..Too clinical?

Carol Unsworth
6 years ago
Hi desperately trying to finalise colour scheme for my new kitchen. Kitchen is 4Mx3M and quite bright. I like the idea of Cashmere units with White (small mirror chip )quartz top, splashback, upstairs. Dithering at the last minute as think it may look too clinical. Also not sure what to do with floor and colour for walls. Any advice, comments and/or photos of similar projects would be most welcome as I'm finding it very difficult to visualise.

Comments (9)

• Juliet Docherty
    6 years ago

How light is the room? What aspect is it? Do you have any photos?

• Carol Unsworth
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hi thanks for quick response. Kitchen is South West facing and has a good size window so reasonably bright most of the day. Unfortunately don't have any photos right now.
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 years ago

If you look at the following images, the first one - the floor picks up the same colour from the units, is still light in tone but has some interest due to the wood grain. This seems to work. The second and third one look too tonally similar to me, the last image works as the units are darker than the floor. My preference is the first image as the gloss cashmere is very uniform, the floor really adds some interest.

Embankment Gardens, Chelsea · More Info

Cromwell Avenue - London N6 · More Info

Contemporary Kitchen · More Info

Contemporary Grey Gloss Kitchen · More Info

• Carol Unsworth
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Many thanks. I'm going with shaker style matte painted units. Do you think first photo still the best ?
  • Juliet Docherty
    6 years ago

I like the first image first, it may be to do with the floor. Do you have any flooring ideas?

• Jonathan
    6 years ago

I also think that your choice sounds nice. Of course if you then paint the walls exactly the same colour it will be a little bland but I am sure your instinct would be to have some contrast but a warm grey (either red or brown undertone) will look great.

• Carol Unsworth
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thinking of going towards grey tile for the floor or possibly wood effect. My problem with wood is the lounge and hall are in a mid oak laminate. I think laying a different wood /laminate in the kitchen would look strange ? Your thoughts please.
  • Carol Unsworth
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks Colourhappy. Not sure I'm brave enough for a pattern but love the idea of a warm stone shade. Thanks for the link
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.