jodim_k

Creative storage solution needed to create wardrobes

Jodi M K
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Any / all suggestions very much welcomed and appreciated!

Ive just bought a small 2 bed house that in the master bed has a very deep cupboard where the hot water cylinder sits / sat as being removed today!

The space left over will be:
W85cm x D92 it is not full height as the slanted head clearence for the stairs run below boxing in, that is approx 2.5 ft at the bottom.

To the left there is also a space that historically had louvre doors fitted to the facia to create a wardrobe with a 5cm partition stud wall betwe that will remain in situ.

The dimensions of the left hand space is:
W115cm x D90 x H231cm

I have added a selection of photos that will hopefully give a clearer idea of what I have to work with. Last photo is with previous doors attached which are now removed. Other pics are of the spaces. Boiler, cylinder & pipes will be removed, so will be a clean and empty space either side of the stud.

I've ordered mirrored sliding doors with suitable tracks for the opening space and will adjust so the depths are equal each side so the doors will run in front of the combined openings.

My challenge is how to best utilise the maximum amount of space within both sides, in what will become a cupboard/ fitted wardrobe.

The property will be tennented when all works are complete so I am not designing to my taste and also on a small budget.

If I only put in one clothes hanging rail I'm potentially losing the use of the 35cms of space behind the rail. If I install shelving that is 30cm deep, behind a clothes rail the shelves will not be freely accessible.

Like I said, any and all help, advice, suggestions very greatly received!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.